Flatbed LTL Shipping
Our flatbed specialists combined with technology can find the safest and most economical way to ship your flatbed less-than-truckload freight. Flatbed Youtube video.
-Freightmonster.com partnered with Streamline to service Flatbed LTL (less than truckload) shipping all over the nation.
LTL for Flatbed consists of cargo that is legal size but takes up less than-
- 30 feet of deck space on the trailer and does not exceed 30 thousand pounds for a flatbed that can haul up to 48-50 thousand pounds legally.
- Utilized total trailer space runs 48-53 feet.
Since the freight utilizes only part of the total deck space on the trailer, the truck can haul multiple loads on the same flatbed trailer. Calculating to the inch the total limit of space available. The driver will drop off and add multiple pieces of cargo in any particular ‘lane’ or ‘run’. A ‘lane’ is a route the carrier is driving from pickup to delivery.
Flatbed Trucking LTL Lanes
These are routes companies tend to use frequently. They have established customers that assure them of paying freight loads in both directions which eliminates empty or deadhead travel.
- Our Flatbed LTL quoting and dispatch runs nationwide utilized to save money for the trucking company and customer on any load that is not dedicated or designated as a full load. We match thousands of loads daily with our proprietary software and decades of data.
Upsides & Downsides of Flatbed LTL.
Flatbed LTL shipping is only utilizing part of the deck space so rates are calculated per load when coming up with a freight rate. Time-Deck
Rates for Less Deck Space-
Miles-Routing-Stops-Tarped-Securement-Loading time-Unloading time=
Saving money LTL for flatbed.
Time Pickup & Delivery- LTL- flatbedders cannot give you an exact time for delivery and most likely will not meet a scheduled appointment.
LTL drivers have multiple stops, picks and drops while in transit searching for LTL or partial loads to fill their trailers at all times to make more money.
LTL trucks are not dedicated to one load and the schedule varies daily.
Flatbed LTL Transload-
- Make sure you specify for Flatbed LTL.
–I want the freight on the rear of the trailer upon delivery. So I can get it into my facility.
-I have a dock or ramps to unload the cargo
–I do not want my freight touched or trans-loaded after pickup.
Our data and software shows us the best possible scenario for load availability and truck matching so your picks and deliveries from the carriers on time, Saving you time and money in the Flatbed LTL sector. Our LTL flatbed logistics technology and data utilization is gaining leaps and bounds daily.
- A (LTL) flatbed or ‘partial’ load. Less Than Load. Not full
- A full flatbed truckload (FTL) .Full Truck Load or ‘dedicated load’ utilizing the full deck space and dedicated to the lane.